Facts about eye glasses
- Eyeglass lenses do not strengthen your eyes, they focus the light rays for a clearer image.
- You will not hurt your eyes if you don’t wear your glasses.
- Eyeglasses are like shoes; wear them when you want, take them off when you feel like it. Don’t worry about it.
- Your glasses don’t have to be changed if they seem adequate to you.
- If they seem too weak, then it should be your decision to change them.
- If the lenses are cracked or deeply scratched, they lose their safety-glass properties. They should be replaced before they shatter.
- If your bifocals is set too low, you may get a sore neck from reading.
- Many people appreciate a gradient tint to their lenses. It cuts down glare from overhead sun or fluorescent lights.
- If you have had a cataract operation and intraocular lens implant, you will need new glasses for your “new” eye.